School Age Program
Our School Age Program (SAP) is a year-round out-of-school-time program where children and youth can enhance their academic, social, and personal skills in a recreational environment. The School Age Program provides a comfortable, safe, fun place for children and youth to unwind, play, practice skills, and interact with caring adults. Our participants also have access to our computer labs to work on homework and play educational games as part of SAP's regular programming. Program staff provides supervision to the children to help with their homework and address questions related to computer usage.
School Age Program also provides education in the areas of social-emotional development and health and nutrition. During the summertime and other school breaks, our School Age Program is open for full-day programming and special activities.
School Age Program
Casa Central's School Age Program provides a safe, nurturing environment that responds to the needs of the children. Activities stimulate involvement from children and work toward the following goals:
- To increase reading and math skills through academic assistance and educational tools
- To develop social-emotional skills through the Second Step Social-Emotional Curriculum
- To enhance self image through adult encouragement and the achievement of personal goals
- To increase appreciation for cultural diversity through multicultural celebrations that incorporate dance, food, and music
- To refine gross and fine motor skills through planned physical activities and the Sparks Curriculum
- Children must be between the ages of 5-12 years old
- Parents or guardians of participating children must work 30 hours a week or be enrolled in school 10 hours a week
- Parents or guardians must provide proof of salary or earnings in order to determine program eligibility
- Parents or guardians must provide birth certificates for all members
- Children must have documentation of current physical, dental and eye examination. These documents cannot be more than a year old
- Every year from the date of enrollment, a family is re-determined for program eligibility
How to Get Involved
Registering for Casa Central's School Age Program requires parents or guardians to complete the following documents:
- The Illinois Department of Human Services Child Care Application
- Child Adult Care Food Program Application
- Intake forms, emergency consent forms, program contract, homework contract, discipline policy, receipt of the licensing standards for after school program, parent's rights and responsibilities, and children’s rights and responsibilities
To learn more, please contact Destiny Morales at 773.782.8757 or email@example.com.
NOTICE: Casa Central is not associated with the nursing home facility located at 1401 N. California Ave., Chicago, IL (Center Home Property, LLC). Center Home is not owned, operated nor in any way affiliated with Casa Central. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the nursing home, Center Home for Hispanic Elderly, please contact them directly at (773) 782-8700.
If you are seeking information regarding programs for older adults, Casa Central does offer Home Care Services and the Adult Wellness Center, which is a day service. Contact Casa Central directly for more information at 773-645-2300.